The Baldak Shipping Corporation is owned and operated by a 63 years old Romanian named Vasily Milea. Documents show that Vasily was an important member of the Romanian Communist party, but following the collapse of the Soviet Union he used his numerous contacts to create a small monetary empire. As a good capitalist, seeing that the illegal trade was getting locked up by former high ranking KGB personnel, he came up with a service geared exactly for these types of trade. Complete anonymity for the shipper by creating perfectly forged shipping manifests. The service offered by Baldak Shipping Co. also include the payment of substantial fees to political figure and local and regional police to insure that the goods make it through without any problems.
The Baldak headquarters are located in Constanta, Romania (http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constanta). Smaller offices are present in most major train stations, ports and airports throughout eastern Europe. Vasily operates these offices exactly like terrorist cells, with the local members never knowing that the content of the containers are mostly illegal goods. Once a docker begins to suspect something is weird, one of Vasily lieutenant determines the potential and loyalty of the employee and if this not positive he is quickly dispatched. Loyal employees are often rewarded with a local office of their own.
In regards to the conspiracy, Vasily or any member of Baldak Shipping are currently completely unaware of anything untoward with the content they are shipping. They are happy the Mafiya is trusting them and using their services, but they do not suspect any alien or paranormal event is taking place, not that he would really care. As long as the aliens pay, business will remain business.
At the end of the (S)entries operations the Agents were left with General Lennart’s Laptop. After looking rapidly through it they found a couple of interesting tidbits, and one encrypted folder. To access the folder the Agents will need to succeed at a Digital Intrusion (8) test. Cryptography tells them that this level of security is Ultra-Secure, and no one bothers with it normally except spooks (CIA, NSA, KGB), and really paranoid people.
Left to their own devices the Agents really wanted to know why they had been targeted after a fairly simple mission, and probably to teach whomever was responsible a quick and hard lesson.
After getting the information from the laptop, it took one week for Sophie to crack it. After which they met at the Crown and Scepter in London. After long discussion they decided to pursue the (S)arajevo lead, that way if it really went bad, they could try to contact General Lennart’s and maybe extract some additional information from him.
Whenever you will see a @ symbol, it means that this clue points to another scene or operation for the Agents, more details can be found there. I will try to make sure all these links resolve properly but this might not be the case always.
Here is what they found.
- Notes and pictures on possible theft and resell of weapons from various NATO bases across Europe. @(R)ed Berets
- Evidence of secret flight out of NATO air bases in Italy or the Balkans. @(B)lack Ops
- Pictures (6) of the members of one squad of the Red Berets. @(R)ed Berets
- One of the picture is really blurred around the face of one of the squad member.
- Photography – the blur was not added as a post process operation to protect the identity of the soldier (photoshop)
- (1) A really strong magnetic field can create this effect.
- A complete dossier on missing WMDs from the Irak theater. Most of it regarding biochemical weapons.
- Many news article on the famous weapons of mass destruction, that were not found in Irak.
- Many of the articles are right wing conspiracy theorists that believe that the actual weapons were moved to Syria after CIA warned President Hussein of the invasion. @(S)yria
- The dossier details that an Al Queda Emir – Abou Bakr @(S)ubmarine might have met with a Saddam Hussein aide in late 2003.
- Accounting – A financial report shows that huge sums of money were transferred from the La Roche & co Swiss Private Bank to accounts owned by the Hussein regime.
- Tradecraft – Weapons would then have been transferred to the UAE. Trace is lost for 2 years.
- In 2005 containers dormant for 2 years appear in Bosnia, scanned by a U.S. Marine clerk in the (S)arajevo Airbase. Clerk awaits orders.
- Research – Clerk dies in a forklift accident 2 weeks afterward. Containers disappears again.
- Lennart’s requested to be transferred to Sarajevo three times, all of them were denied. Bureaucracy – Not Normal
- Transfer request to Italy is finally accepted. Lennart’s uses it to then request an end of tour transfer to Bosnia for family reasons.
- An email from his daughter Sarah, tells him that she is really sorry about the last time they talk, and that she is really taking care of herself now and even found a job at @(M)odels in Vienna.
- Research | Bureaucracy– Lennart’s daughter was involved in protests against military involvement in various parts of the world, even accusing her dad of being a child murderer. Sarah went so far as to destroy equipment and was arrested while breaking and entering in a military base. These acts cost her father the job of brigadier General. They have not spoken in a long time. @(M)odels